Dr. Jon Glenn may recommend orthodontic headgear to supplement your treatment when braces alone are not enough to achieve the desired results. Headgear is a type of appliance used to guide the growth of the face and jaws until they are in the correct position. Headgear may also be used to correct the position of the teeth and prevent them from moving out of place.
If you are using headgear as part of your treatment, then consistently using it as directed by our dentist will give you the best results. The instructions you receive for using your headgear will include the following:
- Take care when removing your headgear to avoid injury to your mouth, lips and cheeks
- Take care when removing your headgear to avoid damaging the appliance
- Do not remove your headgear before the straps are disconnected
- Do not lift the headgear over your face
- Do not wear your headgear while playing sports
Please bring your headgear with you to your regular orthodontic appointments. Our dentist and team will check your appliance to make sure it is good condition and is working properly for you.
If you have any questions about orthodontic headgear in Newport Beach, California, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Glenn, please contact our office at 949-644-0071.