Preventive care is crucial to keeping your smile healthy. It helps you not only avoid dental problems and protect your teeth and smile, but also to diagnose potential problems which can affect you regardless of the condition of your teeth, such as oral cancer.
Preventive dentistry encompasses all forms of dental care that are designed to help you avoid problems such as tooth decay, gum disease and tooth damage. The goal of preventive care is to keep your mouth healthy and help you avoid the need for extensive and invasive procedures. The greater care you take in avoiding dental problems and maintaining good oral health, the greater your chances are of maintaining your natural teeth for a lifetime. Preventive care includes:
- At-home oral hygiene (brushing and flossing)
- Dental cleanings and exams
- Dental sealants, fluoride and other professional preventive treatments
- Examinations and evaluations of oral appliances and dental restorations to ensure they remain in good condition
- Recommendations of oral health products and oral hygiene aids for your use
- Reviewing dietary habits that may affect your oral health
We recommend that you visit our dentist and team every six months to receive regular preventive care. These appointments allow Dr. Jon Glenn to monitor your oral health and ensure you are receiving all the treatments you need to keep your mouth and smile healthy. They also allow us to diagnose and treat any developing problems as quickly as possible, before significant damage to your teeth and mouth can occur. In addition to helping you enjoy better oral health, these regular visits also prevent you from needing more extensive, invasive and costly dental procedures to regain your smile.
We welcome you to call us at 949-644-0071 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Glenn and learn more about preventive care in Newport Beach, California.